Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wow! Only 5 months since I've logged on!

How time flies when you're having fun, right? It has been crazy these past several months. Aspen started kindergarten and is loving school! Ava is keeping me on my toes with her amazing ability to thump me and everyone else at the match game. Alex is now 11 months old, walking and trying to talk more and more each day. Today I said, "I love you" and made a long smooch sound and I swear he tried to say it back! He's such a sweet boy! I could have never imagined how life was going to be with a little boy!

We had a nice Thanksgiving here at home and my parents came to spend it with us. I went in for a hysterectomy the day before, but was home early on Thursday morning, enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by my mom, dad, Kerm and the girls and a relaxing day all together. I browsed the fliers for any "can't miss out deals" even though I knew I wouldn't be doing any shopping on Friday, but I did have some things for both my mom and Kerm to pick up for me. I'm healing fast and feel wonderful, actually, I'm not sure why it went so well considering, but it did!

We are ready for Christmas and I was a little unsure about how to handle the tree with "Little Mr." but I went ahead with my plans and got it up and decorated sometime in early November. He was great for the 1st month and now he's quicker than you might think when it comes time to grabbing ornaments off and tossing them as fast as he grabs them! He's having fun with it, I can't say that I am so much, but it has been okay. We will be in Sidney for Christmas this year, spending with Petersens on Christmas Eve and the Mindts on Christmas Day. Hopefully the weather holds!

This weekend has been bitter cold and snowy! -10 as I am updated the blog and the low overnight is supposed to be -22! What's going on??? We're not in Sidney! Anyway, the week looks like it's going to continue to be cold, so hopefully by next week it'll start to warm up. It's never fun traveling with little ones when it's so cold.

No comments: